So, Rob has finally hounded me into updating this blog. He just now asked is this "easy enough for you?" Hmph. I guess so. I think that the reason I'm finally willing to do this is because I've found a reason to sit in front of my laptop. Craigs List! Wow, lots of cool stuff being sold by my neighbors for cheap. So now I'm looking for a completely new bedroom set for Audrey and I can't help myself. I just keep looking and looking. Rob fears for my Karma since I've been forced to lie to one girl to buy a better set. Now I've changed my mind again and may have to come up with another sob story to get my hands on what I feel confident is the perfect set. Mind you, this is the third perfect set, but hey third time's a charm, right.
We've also (at my crazy behest) sold our essentially new Subaru to buy an older Honda CRV with more miles on it. But, to justify my actions, this little transaction will net us over four thousand dollars that we can put towards an adoption. Yes, we've decided to, as Rob jokingly says, "buy a kid". We're working with Catholic Charities and will be doing an open adoption. Catholic Charities works exclusively in Oregon, and does primarily newborn adoptions. It does cost a lot to adopt, but we'll get a significant chunk back in the form of tax credits. We're really excited about growing our family and about Audrey having a sibling.
Audrey is doing great. She's in preschool now and is loving it. She goes twice a week for 2.5 hours at a high school where the preschool is actually an early childhood development course for the high school students. The ratio is great, almost one student teacher for each preschool student, and it seems to work very well for Audrey. It's about 20 minutes away from our house and that works really well for me. I can't use the time that Audrey's in school to do mindless chores at home. I've been having a nice time just doing stuff on my own for a couple of hours. Shopping, getting coffee, reading, and working out with the older gals at Curves.
Soon I'll post pictures of the "new" car.
Monday, January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment